Clinical Laboratory Lead Research Associate
This position is based at our Interpace Diagnostics laboratory in Pittsburgh, PA. The Lead Research Associate is responsible for the development and/or improvement of various laboratory methods for the molecular and biological analysis of human cancers in fulfillment of company objectives and various laboratory licensing and accrediting requirements and guidelines, e.g., CAP, CLIA and New York State DOH. This includes managing, coordinating, planning and documenting laboratory projects including experimental procedures for improvement of current laboratory diagnostic tests and methodologies; developmental efforts for new products; other projects as assigned; validation of new or existing laboratory tests including data analysis and preparation of validation records; provides updates on projects to management; aides in training of other lab personnel; assists with routine clinical laboratory testing. The individual will work in a team based environment working closely with Laboratory Manager, Laboratory QC Supervisor, Lead Laboratory Technologist, and Laboratory staff. Duties include:
- Responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and controlling approved laboratory projects within set timelines. Routinely prepares reports for management regarding status of project(s).
- Works with laboratory management to improve/enhance current laboratory tests/methods, develop new tests/methods, and associated validations in line with regulatory compliance.
- Develops new bioinformatics and statistical algorithms to analyze, visualize and interpret results from high-dimensional experimental data to support new product development initiatives.
- May evaluate new equipment and new technology for development or clinical efforts.
- Documents all non-clinical work (I.e. developmental work) providing the purpose, methods, results and conclusions of laboratory studies in written form and provides supporting data and documentation.
- Improves processes, coordination and documentation of lab projects, including development of SOPs, as assigned.
- Aids in determining timelines and costs for laboratory projects.
- Routinely reads relevant literature, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations.
- Works with Laboratory management and IT department to ensure new laboratory tests and procedures can be accommodated in LIMS in a timely manner. Trains staff members on newly developed procedures.
It requires a MS in Cellular and Molecular Biology and three years experience in a Commercial Clinical Laboratory doing clinical chemistry, molecular biology (RNA and DNA analysis) and next generation sequencing. Resume to: Head of Lab Interpace Diagnostics, 2515 Liberty Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 or LabRecruiting@interpacedx.com .
No Calls or agencies, please.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.